Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Maternity Photo Shoot......

When looking back on my pregnancies with Evan and Landon I always come to regret a few things. The top one on the list is not taking enough pictures. I only have 3 pregnant pictures from when I was pregnant with Evan mainly because I felt HUGE and my pregnancy was complicated from conception.

With Landon I don't have any weekly belly pictures (again I felt huge and my pregnancy was complicated from conception) but I did make myself take maternity pictures because I SWORE to God and everyone else that we were done having kids.... Needless to say, they are located in a spot where only I know where to find them.....

This time around I have felt great the whole time and I knew that I wanted to have more memories this go around than I have of my boys. Regardless of how huge I was or felt I still regret not having baby bump pictures to show them one day... or to show myself when they are 20, off to college, and want nothing to do with "mommy" anymore.....

I feel like I've done a pretty good job of keeping up with this pregnancy. Between my weekly pictures and this blog I'm pretty sure I will be able to look back on this time and laugh and cry at all of the things we have gone through this time around.

With all of that said we (really just me) decided to do a full maternity photo shoot with a professional photographer. I was a little nervous at what the pictures would look like, how the boys would cooperate (after all, they are 4 and 2... and they are boys), how much the damage to Aaron's wallet would be, etc.....

So yesterday was the day... Picture day!!! With a car full of nerves we drove to the studio where my heart was put at ease instantly. She had CANDY!!!! And my boys are easily convinced to do something when CANDY is involved!!! While the photographer was taking shots of just me, Aaron played the good guy by giving the boys candy...Then when we wanted pictures with the boys Aaron was holding candy over their heads like a momma bird.... It worked!!!

She took tons of pictures in the studio, mostly of just me and my tummy, but she also got some of me with the boys, and of me with Aaron.....

Then it was time to change and go do some field shots. I was soooo nervous about this because it was almost 100 degrees here yesterday and both boys were in jean pants.... I wasn't sure candy would be enough of a bribery for the heat... LUCKILY for me, the photographer had suggested that I let the boys put their handprints on my belly with paint and then paint my belly at the end of the session..... SCORE!!! Both of my boys love to paint....so..... the whole session when the heat started to win them over I was quickly able to bring them back by just saying the words PAINT MOMMY'S BELLY!!!!!  So after about an hour of solo prego pictures, pictures with the boys, pictures with Aaron, and family shots the boys were finally able to paint mommy's belly!!!! They LOVED it.... It was just precious. I had colors of paint (washable) everywhere.. Evan mostly kept it on my belly but Landon put it on my belly, in my belly button, and down my shorts.... but they deserved it... Afterall, they were troopers in taking pictures for over two hours!!!!

I was so impressed with the photographer. Her name is Julie and her company name is Uppercase Photography. She was able to somehow keep the boys entertained while also making me feel so comfortable in the pictures that she wanted to capture. I can't wait to see her wonderful work... I should have the proofs in 2 weeks.... (I'm going to patiently try to wait two weeks....hehe!!!) but she did so kindly send me a sneak peak of one of the pics last night!!!

We also booked a newborn session for little Olivia once she gets here so we didn't have to pay the session fee for the maternity session..... That will be my reasoning to Aaron when the proofs come in and I grab the wallet... hehe!!!!

Until I get the proofs, here is the sneak peak of the picture she sent me!!!


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! You will be so thankful for the shoot and nobody will remember the price!

    ReplyDelete