Friday, July 8, 2011

33 week appointment

Today was appointment day and I felt like I was going to throw up the whole car ride there... my nerves were pretty much shot because for about 2 hours last night I researched the external version procedure and wrote down all of these questions to ask the doctor today.....
So when we walked in I had my paper all ready to go....

First stop... peepee in the cup-all good there...no protein in my urine!!
Second stop.. the scale-down a pound leaving us somewhere around 15-16 pounds....
Third stop... blood pressure-118/72... this was amazing news because at this point with both boys I was on complete bedrest, taking my blood pressure 3 times a day, and going to the lab 3 times a week to have needles stuck in my arm like a drug addict.
Fourth stop... Olivia's heartrate- she was wiggling around at the 140 mark today...
Fifth stop....exam- the doctor came in and I immediatly went into clammy hand mode.. I was nervous but anxious for him to feel my tummy and tell me where in the world my daughter was... I had already informed him that she has pretty much been breech this whole time and that I wanted to avoid a c-section at all cost so I WOULD want the version procedure even though I knew it would hurt like hell....
So.... after he felt my tummy he said that he thought she was head down..... WHAT???? Are you serious?? Aaron and I looked at eachother in shock because I just knew she was still breech.. After all.. I would have felt her little self turn right???
He wanted to do a quick ultrasound to make sure he was right so that we wouldn't have to schedule the version.... so off to the scan room we went for a quick peak.... Sure enough....little miss is now in the head down position.... with her head full of hair and all!!!!
So with that said, Aaron and I were soooo excited... neither one of us were too thrilled with the thought of a doctor practically breaking my rib cage in the hopes of getting Olivia to turn around!!!
I go back in a week and a half for another appointment and for my group B culture......and after that we go EVERY week!!!! I guess it is time to get a carseat and strap that thing in the car.... Three carseats in my car.... Oh my goodness!!! Atleast our bags are packed!!
To celebrate the great news, we made a Bojangles stop... Olivia wanted some seasoned fries and a big ole Mountain Dew!!!!
Yah for great news!!!!

1 comment: