Saturday, July 2, 2011

Is it possible for my husband to be the pregnant one?!?!

For eight months now I have been the one going through all of these pregnant changes but I SWEAR to you that my husband has had ALL if not more pregnancy side effects from this pregnancy. It has left me quite shocked at the thought that a man could really have side effects too... (annoyed sometimes too because after all I am the one that is REALLY pregnant!!)

It all started when I was around 8 weeks pregnant and the peeing in the middle of the night kicked in.... I was getting up 2 times a night because of my growing uterus and then soon enough it was if Aaron and I were meeting in the bathroom at 2 a.m. both having to pee. Thankfully he would let me pee first....

Then at around 12 weeks the lovely weight gain started to kick in..... From 12 weeks on up I have SLOWLY (thank goodness) gained weight.. and what do you know... the hubby has put on a few pounds too... HOWEVER, with him being over 6 feet tall, 5-10 pounds on him isn't enough to be noticed.... 5-10 pounds on a 5 foot 3 inch gal gets noticed... uurrrggghh!!

HEARTBURN!!!!! Oh the joys of heartburn.... I can't remember a time that I didn't go to bed without popping one of those delicious pills in my mouth... It is pretty much a nightly routine for me now... First, take my prenatal vitamin and then grab a tums.... A few weeks ago at around 2:30 a.m. I awoke to a noise in the bathroom.. It sounded like someone was stumbling through the medicine cabinet.. Sure enough, it was Aaron grabbing a tums.. hehe!! I couldn't help but giggle.. I'm thinking that I may need to put them on the night stand from now on...

CRAVINGS.... I didn't have cravings with the boys and I blame morning sickness on that.. This time however, there has been NO sickness what so ever so I have been able to enjoy food... My BIGGEST and PROUDEST craving so far has been my baked layes ruffles with my french onion dip.... and guess who I have caught in the french onion dip on more than just "a few" occasions?? Yeap, the hubby... He however doesn't like my "low fat" chips.... so I buy him the regular ruffles.....

Then there are the mood swings.... Oh my goodness.. He will even admit that he is a grumpy pregnant man... I am telling you the God's honest truth when I tell you that he has had more mood swings than me this pregnancy... which leads me to believe with all of my heart that God never intended on men having babies... They wouldn't last one minute dealing with one let alone ALL of the side effects of pregnancy, childbirth, and post partum. I am thinking it would be nice for him to share in the contraction pain, birthing pain, recovery pain, no sleep pain, sore boobs pain, etc.... once the real "labor" begins but I don't think that will happen...

Either way, it has beem kind of fun "experiencing" this pregnancy with him.. hehe!! Love you baby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment