Friday, July 8, 2011

Hospital tour!!!!

Last night was the hospital tour and I'm so glad we did it. Going into it, neither Aaron nor I really knew what to expect. Would the hospital be nice, would the rooms be big, where in the hospital would we need to go, etc.....

Once we got there my nerves were settled pretty quick. They opened a new mommy and baby wing about 2 1/2 years ago so everything looks fairly new and the laboring rooms are pretty big... thank goodness!!! They have all of these gadgets to "help" soothe your laboring experience.... yeah,yeah,yeah.... thanks but no thanks!! Give me the epidural... not a laboring ball....

Once we saw the laboring rooms we then went to where you would go if you needed a c-section...... As much as I didn't want to see it, I knew I should just in case I need a c-section.... I have to admit, it wasn't that bad..but it still freaks me out!

Then we went to the postpartum part where we will stay after Olivia is born. The rooms are smaller but still pretty nice.

My favorite part of the tour was going by the nursery sneaking peaks at all of the new little ones. My heart started racing when I saw these precious little miracles all laying in their beds. What great miracles from God. It is funny how you forget just how little and fragile newborn babies look... It is simply breathtaking!

I think it really hit home to Aaron and I after that point. Our little girl will be here in a few weeks and I just can't believe it.
When I told Evan last night that I was going to the hospital to take a tour he got all excited because he thought his sister was coming. The look on his face was just priceless. He is going to be such a great big brother to her!!! He gives her hugs and kisses all the time.
Landon just loves rubbing my belly and saying, "Hey Ivia.... I ov u.."(Hey Olivia. I love you!!)
Needless to say... we are now entering the home stretch and I think we are all getting excited!!
Yah!!!!



2 comments:

  1. Reading this made me cry. I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you!! It suddenly became "real" when we saw those precious little babies.... I can't wait until she gets here!!

    ReplyDelete