Wednesday, July 20, 2011

35 week appointment!!

Today was appointment day.. It feels like I just said that on a blog post but then again... I did!! I just went to the doctor 12 days ago.....

Thankfully Aaron met me there today so that he could keep the boys in the car. I couldn't find a sitter in time and I didn't really want to have the boys in the room with me when the doctor was "down there." I'm just not prepared to talk to my 4 year old yet about why she needed to look there... I am perfectly fine with him thinking Olivia is going to somehow just pop out of my belly.....
They were also running behind today so I was in the office for an hour... I can't even begin to think how my visit would have been had I been in there with a 4 year old and a 2 year old... both boys at that... Oh my goodness NO!!!!!

Here are the stats from today:
My blood pressure was really good today!! 130/78- I'm still on cloud nine about this....
Weight gain- no weight gain...I am the same as I was two weeks ago.. 16 pound weight gain thus far!!!
Olivia's heartbeat- she was in the 154 range today

Today was the strep B culture..... you know the usual.... but she also checked me because I have been having tons of Braxton Hicks contractions along with a few baby contractions..... Sure enough, Olivia is making progress down there.
Her head is still down.... I am a full 1 cm... not quite 2 yet.. and I am thinning out... YAH!!!! I don't think I will make it 4 1/2 more weeks....

My next appointment is next Friday. I will be 36 weeks 4 days!! My guess is I will be 2-3 cm then because we walk ALL the time now and starting next week I will become a walking machine... I was also 2-3 cm with both boys around 36-37 weeks....

To celebrate a great doctor's visit, we went and ate Mexican food for lunch... to put it mildly.. I ate WAY TOO MUCH FOOD!!!! It was delicious though and well worth feeling miserable afterwards!!

So until next weeks visit.... I will be sure to walk, walk, walk!!!!

Here is a picture of little Olivia when I lay down flat on my back.. I am 35 weeks 2 days today!!!


2 comments:

  1. At only 16 lbs gained I think you can eat all the Mexican you want ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was my thought exactly so we even ordered cheese dip!!! It was delicious!!!!

    ReplyDelete