Monday, March 14, 2011

A vaca for two!!

What a week.... Last week Aaron and I went on a little mini vacation to Cincinnati, Ohio to visit some family and to go to a wedding.... I had been looking forward to this for a LONG time because Aaron and I hadn't been anywhere "alone" in over a year... and it was needed BAD.. not only for us as a couple but also for me as a stay at home mommy who often never sees the daylight...
So, after a short trip to drop the boys off in Raleigh we were well on our way to a little getaway. Fast forward 12 hours and we were finally in Ohio. (Let me just tell you...... pregnant women in a little sports car for 12 hours is like torture. besides all of the "pee" breaks, my poor little belly and legs were aching from sitting still so long.) Here is a pic or two of the drive up...
yeap.. it rained the whole way there!!
in the tunnel!!


It was well worth it though... Once we got to our hotel I knew my serenity had appeared.

view from inside our hotel...

After a short nights' rest, Aaron and I ventured out the next day to get me a jacket (it snowed Thursday and I had no coat) and a new dress (I only brought one and I needed two.) While we were shopping Aaron had a craving... hehe... and so did I.
Here they are!!

Aaron's craving.... A heart attack waiting to happen!


my craving.... pounds to my rear waiting to happen.. To my credit, Aaron ate the red velvet cheesecake and I ate the carrot cake... or should I say the baby ate the carrot cake.. hehe!


After our cravings were satisfied, we ventured out and did a little sight seeing... Here are a few pics from that.
view from our balcony in our room

yellow bridge

downtown Cincinnati
blue bridge...
there were trains everywhere... It was crazy...

The next day was the wedding and I have to be honest... I was really looking forward to getting all dressed up in a fancy little dress and my high heels... It has been FOREVER since I have been able to get dressed because let's face it.... I am a stay at home mom and for those of you that don't know... high heels turn into flats and flip flops and nice, fancy clothes turn into stretch pants, tank tops, and the occasional jeans and t-shirt... I was finally able to spend over an hour getting ready without interruption. I couldn't believe it. I was actually able to stand in front of the mirror and match my jewelry to my outfit instead of throwing on a silver pair of hoops (because silver pretty much matches everything!) Here is a  pic from the wedding!!

sorry it is a little blurry... but you get the point!


Saturday we mostly spent the day visiting family and then we went to a nice dinner with some more family that we had yet to see this trip..
Aaron, his grandma, and his mom


Then yesterday was the dreading drive back.... It ended up not being that bad since I picked up the boys today but still 8 hours in a car for a prego gal is no fun.... but atleast I had my Cow Tales...

one word... YUMMY!!


Needless to say our trip was a blast but it is nice to be back home..... The real question now is.... How in the world am I going to survive a 12 hour trip in 6 weeks WITH kids when we go to Disney World especially when they act like this in a car?!?!?!?!


don't let Landon fool you... He was up to something I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment