Sunday, March 27, 2011

I don't know where to start!

As all of you know by now we are having a GIRL!!! I keep wanting to pinch myself because lets face it.. After having two boys it seemed only fitting that there would be a third little boy to join his brothers.... but nope.... that's not what happened here.... I will finally have more estrogen to accompany me in this house full of testosterone!!!

For the past four years I have dreamed of the day that I would be able to zoom over to the little girl section of a department store and just go crazy.... Well that day happened on Friday.... After our ultrasound Aaron, Evan, Landon, and myself went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast and then we dropped Evan off at preschool.... The next stop was to Target of course!!! That is after all my "happy place!" Aaron had to leave early to get to work so I finished the "damage" there and headed home....

When he got home from work that afternoon the boys and I were already ready to walk out of the door. We headed to the mall... Belk... oh my goodness.... I could have spent hours in that store and could have emptied Aaron's wallet more than I already did... How do you pick from all the adorable stuff??

I LOVE the color pink but I don't want Livy to look like Pepto Bismol every time we walk out of the house so trying to find clothes in different girly colors was a bit of a task... I did however manage to get some cute stuff... I bought tons of outfits, two pair of shoes, a bathing suit, some bibs, hairbows, and two little rattle toys!! I guess you could say shopping was a success!!

I have noticed that girl stuff is way MORE expensive than boy stuff but I guess that's just how it is.... I have to calm down for many reason now.....just to name a few!!
1-we are going to Disney World in 6 weeks and I don't want my boys to be eating homemade pbj's all week when we are there
2-I have to leave other people room to buy her stuff...
3-we still have to buy a crib and crib furniture since our other furniture is gone.... (it was old and after two boys.. pretty worn out!!)
4-My boys need spring clothes and I don't think they will fit into newborn clothes... and pink ones at that!!

So until I get the urge to shop again I will surf the internet looking at things that she "must" have.. I will then write them down and email the list to "grammy" so that she will feel obligated to purchase them.. Hehe!!

Happy Shopping everyone!!


Here are a few pictures of my marvelous weekend full of shopping!!!
Don't judge me... hehe!!


It was just too much fun.. I couldn't resist!!
her first bathing suit!
cute little shoes

Here is the crib and bedding that I want to get... We haven't gotten either yet... Holding off as long as we can!!!

Love it!!
I just fell in love with this as soon as I saw it!!!

6 comments:

  1. Girls are more expensive at first, but for some reason now that Masi is in the T's it all seems to be cheaper, except bows :).

    You know I had the baby fever and when I did, it was severe. Here's a site for you to check out, I'm def gonna use them when Jackson#2 comes.

    http://www.babybedding.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I looove that baby bedding! I looked forever to find Harper's and finally settled on Pottery Barn Baby b/c I never found anything I absolutely loved. Have fun with this. . . and don't worry about her having too much pink. I felt the same way and now I definitely gravitate to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CJ-I actually almost got the starling bedding from that site.. I loved it... but then I saw this one and loved this one more... I am slowly but surely learning about the bows... hehe!
    CP-I LOVE this bedding too!! I just about fell over when I saw it.... so of course she has to have it... and plus there are many different directions I can go with it and I like that!! I have noticed that Livy will probably have way more pink than anything else just because that is all there really is and it is cuter!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you find this bedding??? It is adorable =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah the bedding is sold from Babylooms... I found one on ebay and that one is cheaper than on Amazon... I am in love with it....I think it will fit her perfectly!! You will get to do some shopping soon!!

    ReplyDelete