Monday, March 14, 2011

17 weeks!!!!

Wow!! 17 weeks already.... that means we are almost halfway there.... Scary.... Where in the world is the time going?? It really needs to slow down a little!

I have to say.... I grew this week.. not only in the belly but also in the behind... and I am not so happy about it. You see, last week Aaron and I went on vacation and I made a conscious effort to eat healthy so that I wouldn't come back 5 pounds heavier...... I always eat healthy but tend to sometimes "slip up" on vacations and I refused to "slip up" this time... I stuck to my plan of eating healthy and I was quite proud of myself until I got on the scale this morning!!!
Here is a little summary of what I ate and you tell me if you think my behind should have grown..

Day one:
-egg white sandwich from Cracker Barrel with sour dough bread....(no biscuits) fried apples... yummy!!
-chef salad with no cheese and fat free dressing on the side. (no meat... I have given it all up..)
-3 mini cow tales and 2 mini bit o honeys
-mini bag of baked layes (fat free)

Day two:
-whole wheat bagel with fat free cream cheese
- 6 inch veggie patty from Subway with the following condiments... lettuce, tomato, banana peppers, bell peppers, pickles, salt and pepper... and fat free honey mustard..
-1 piece of carrot cake from The Cheesecake Factory...(it was Yummy!!!)
-chef salad with no meat or cheese and fat free dressing on the side..
- 2 mini cow tales

Day three:
- no breakfast.... we slept in. (that was more important)
-vegetable soup
-chef salad with no meat or cheese and fat free dressing on the side..
-grilled tilapia, green beans, mashed potatoes, side salad
-3 mini cow tales (that was all that was left....)

Day four:
- fresh strawberries, pineapple, cantaloupe, grapes, egg whites on a piece of whole wheat toast, and orange juice.
-6 inch veggie melt from Subway the same way as before with a mini bag of fat free chips
-vegetable stir fry

Day five:
-same breakfast as yesterday
-same lunch as yesterday
-bowl of Special K red berries cereal


** I always keep record of what I eat so this shouldn't shock you all..... After what I had to eat on top of walking a kazillion miles, and drinking gallons of water a day..... I came home and gained 2.4 pounds in just five days.... What the heck???? I wanted to throw my scale out of the window... This just isn't fair... I pride myself on eating  healthy and living a healthy lifestyle and this is what I get in return???Something is wrong with this picture....

In that case.... maybe I should have eaten dessert with every meal and had french fries instead of baked layes, had tons of soda instead of the gallons of water I consumed, and eaten fried chicken instead of my veggie patties...... Uurrgghhhh... on second thought... the scale would have probably gone up 10 pounds and I would have gagged to death from eating the chicken that I have sworn off after watching the movie Food Inc....

Meat for me=gag reflex=vomit... and I refuse to vomit this pregnancy!!! So thanks but no thanks!!

Anyway.... Here are my belly pics from this week along with a summary of what our little one is up to this week!!! Enjoy!!
can't really tell anything with this shirt... but it is there... I promise!
told ya!!! 
belly pic at 17 weeks!!!



How your baby's growing:

Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.

what our little one looks like this week!!

2 comments:

  1. How cute are you! ...I see you handled Food, Inc. about like I did. I don't know that I'll ever touch a piece of meat, again. I cried through the whole dang thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there!! Everyone gains weight differently during pregnancy, and unfortunately sometimes it still increases even with healthy eating. I ate basically the same the whole time and had weeks where I gained very little while other weeks gained two or more pounds! Whatever you do, stick to it! Even if you gain more weight than you think is fair, it will be much easier to get off after the baby is born if you keep eating well. I would add a little more whole grains like whole wheat toast with a little vegetable spread or low sugar granola bars (I like Kashi crunchy), and maybe some mixed nuts or pistachios for protein, but other than that, keep up the veggies and light options! Oh, and fat free dressings actually have tons of sugar which can add weight quickly, so you're better off with just light dressing or plain oil and vinegar.

    ReplyDelete