Monday, March 7, 2011

16 weeks equals 4 months prego!!

 
Wow!! 16 weeks pregnant today.. Where is the time going? It seems like the weeks just keep going by faster and faster... 

Our 15th week was a great week (besides my "little" meltdown.) Aaron felt the baby flutter across my belly Friday morning.. FINALLY!! It was so great for him to be able to feel our little one moving around.. Saturday the baby seemed to want to do nothing but toss and turn in my belly but yesterday was a quiet day.. Only a few little flutters here and there.. I am so excited that I am finally at the stage in my pregnancy where it feels real. I can actually feel the life that is inside of me and it is just amazing. 

I feel like I have hit a big growth spurt over the last week... My stomach is now at the point to where I can NOT suck in.. and if I try to it just hurts.. I can't lay on my stomach anymore to sleep.. (that really annoys me) and of all the things that could swell up on me... my toes are swollen.. not my feet, ankles, or anything else... just my toes.. It looks just gross.. but I guess it could be way worse..

This weeks weight gain was 1.2 pounds... Ouch! Taking the total to 6.2 pounds..... I have a feeling it's going to go up a lot more here real soon!!

On another note... I did some rearranging this weekend... I moved the boys playroom into Landon's old room. Landon and Evan are now sharing a room since there will soon be THREE little ones in our house!!! OMG!!! A family of 5.... It just doesn't sound real....

And of course they still need a playroom because goodness gracious I buy them WAY TOO MANY TOYS!!! 

I was really nervous about this transition because I didn't know how Evan would feel about sharing his room with his brother BUT much to my surprise they both love it... Evan gets to be on the top bunk and let me just tell you that he thinks he is hot stuff sleeping on the top bunk... 

The old playroom is now an empty space... If we are having a girl... she will get that room because it is the biggest of the bedrooms.... and we all know that girls need a bigger room than boys do...but if we are having a boy... Evan and Landon will get the big room since they are now sharing a room... 

That's really all for the weekly updates....Kind of a boring post.. but they all can't be filled with excitement right?!?!?

 Here is what our little bundle is doing this week!!

 

How your baby's growing:

Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.
See what your baby looks like this week. (Or see what fraternal twins look like in the womb this week.)

what our little one looks like this week!! 


 Here are a few pics of my growing belly this week!!!

  
there is no doubt about it.. I am pregnant!!
Don't mind the belly band..  I had to pull it down.. hehe!! Baby Hughes at 16 weeks pregnant!!

1 comment:

  1. You look so cute! I hope the boys aren't jealous about a girl in the big room ;) haha. 4 more weeks until you find out! How exciting!!!!

    ReplyDelete