Saturday, March 19, 2011

Craving of the week!!

Yummy!!! That is what I kept telling myself yesterday around noon when I was on my way to pick Evan up from preschool... Why?? Because I knew we were going to venture out to Target and for once I actually had the craving that everyone else in my house has EVERY time we go to Target..
I started a very bad habit with Evan when he was a little over one and I was about 6 months pregnant with Landon. I LOVE Target... everything about it actually... I am not sure why but it just makes me happy when I am in there and it needs my undivided attention at ALL times... (how do you make that happen when you have a toddler in the cart??) I have the answer!! You stop by the snack stand and get the POPCORN & DRINK combo..... with a mountain dew of course!!!
I know...I know... buttered, salted popcorn and sugar induced coma from Mountain Dew probably aren't the best things to give a 1 1/2 year old but I do it..... every time we go... (1-2 times a week..) It is like the magic pill for Evan.. It is amazing and we get the best of both worlds.. He is happy to have a "snack" and I am happy to "shop!"
After Landon was born and was old enough (1year) we started him in on the "family tradition" as well... He isn't as calm as  Evan is and he often dumps his popcorn over into the aisle but overall I can usually get a good hour out of them when we go to Target....
All of this leads me to tell you that I was VERY upset when we walked into Target yesterday..... My mouth was almost watering just from thinking about finally being able to eat some popcorn because I have to snatch baby hand fulls up at a time out of the boys' bags when they  aren't looking so they don't have a fit!! (I was going to actually buy me a separate combo.... to insure that the baby ate all of the popcorn that she/he wanted...)
As we walked into Target and turned the usual corner into the snack bar this is what I saw!!

"Out of order....Sorry for the inconvenience.... " WHAT??? You have got to be kidding me??? How in the world can it be that the ONE time I actually want a whole bag of popcorn the dang machine is broken???  I couldn't believe it.... 
Then the boys noticed and oh my goodness let me just tell you that my boys must be addicted to popcorn and mountain dew because a freak out session started right in the snack bar... I  had to think fast..What else could I get them and QUICK so that they would hush up so I could shop???? Yeap.. You probably guessed it... Evan got the monster chocolate chip cookie and Landon got the monster sugar cookie..... and I got a baby bite of each along with about 3-5 sips of Mountain Dew.....
So.... what else have I enjoyed eating this week??? This one actually was "second" to the popcorn but since I didn't get any popcorn this will have to do.. It is much healthier for you so I guess that is a plus but don't you worry Mr.Popcorn machine.. I will be back next week in full force ready to attack your salty, buttered bottom!! 
Until then, here is my craving of the week!!!
grapes,pineapple,strawberries and cantaloupe!!
Happy cravings everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment