Saturday, March 19, 2011

Everything happens faster the third time around!!!

This pregnancy is all happening way too fast for me... I know I have said that a thousand times now but honest to goodness everything is happening so much faster this time...
Let's start with time- How in the world can this pregnancy possibly be half way over? I know that I am much busier this go around... between having a little boy in preschool, t-ball and soccer and being a team mom, I also have an almost 2 year old boy (enough said) and I still have to cook, clean, and do all other mommy/wife duties on a daily basis.. I don't know how I manage it all but I somehow do it and it makes me proud to say that I am a stay at home mommy and I wouldn't have it any other way... (besides having my occasional meltdown to where I wish I was able to escape for hours at a time!) I guess being this busy has shifted my focus off of my growing belly a bit....
Growing belly- When this pregnancy first began I didn't know what to expect... Would I be sick?? When would I start to gain weight?? Would I just look "fat" forever and not pregnant??? Thank goodness I was never sick and I got a pouch and not just weight in unflattering places.... At around 11 weeks my pants got really tight and I purchased a belly band... Each week following then my belly has grown a little.. Some weeks more than others and a few weeks I  seemed to stay the same.... But overall this little belly of mine has pouched out faster than it did the first two times... (probably because my uterus is really pissed off at me for putting her through this marathon of a task 3 times in less than 4 years....)
Pee Breaks- oh my goodness..... I don't remember peeing this much with my boys.. I swear that I take pee breaks every 30 minutes if not more... and at night when I am just getting comfy enough to be snuggled up tight to my blankets and my amazing prego pillow mother nature strikes.... and just like that I have to get up, go tinkle, get back in bed, and prepare myself to let this process repeat itself several times throughout the night.... I sometimes wish it was appropriate for pregnant women to wear diapers at night so that I wouldn't be interrupted by my bladder so many times.... (I would never actually do that but the thought of it makes me feel better somehow!)
Flutters- I have to say that I don't mind this coming faster.... I love feeling this precious gift move around I can't believe how much faster it happened this time.. I remember feeling this little one "flutter" for the first time around 13-14 weeks... Just little flutters and it didn't happen often. It was when I would lay down in bed at night.... Now that I am right at 18 weeks I feel this little one all of the time. Aaron felt the baby for the first time 2 weeks ago and this past Thursday night we actually saw my belly jump up one time... This little one is going to be active I am sure..... It is so sweet to feel and unless you have gone through it, you just can't explain it.... It is simply amazing!!

I am sure many other things will happen faster this time and I will try my best to write them down.. For now, I am just going to try and soak it all in because this mommy is stopping at three babies.......

Here is a pic or two of my belly this week when I layed down flat on the bed.... It looks so funny and it is as hard as a rock... A sure sign that this precious little one is growing too fast already!!

such a sweet miracle!!!

a closer shot!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow I can't believe you felt the baby at 13-14 weeks. My baby better get movin'! It does seem like its going really fast. I'm sure it will slow down around 30 weeks though. I can't imagine that going fast too ;). I'm with you on the bathroom at night. UGH!

    ReplyDelete