Monday, March 21, 2011

18 week appointment!!!

Today was doctor day...... Yah!!! Besides never knowing what kind of mood Landon will be in as soon as we hit the doctor's office doors!! Thankfully today he was in a pretty good mood... We had just a few meltdowns compared to the hundred we had 4 weeks ago... Here are the stats from today!!

Blood Pressure: 122/78- this makes me SO happy!!! No needle pricking for me.....
Weight Gain: 2 pounds since my last visit bringing the total to 7.8 pounds so far!! (Don't ask me how I lost the 2.4 pounds I gained on vacation.... All I know is I'm happy with the 7.8 pound gain so far..)
Baby's heartbeat: seemed to stay around 154 today!!

Overall, the doctor's visit seemed to go pretty good.. I am still trying to get used to this new doctor's office and I have to say they aren't nearly as good as my one in Wilmington.. I guess I need to get over it and make the best of it but they just don't seem to be as friendly... I see a new doctor in 4 weeks so hopefully he will be nicer than the one I saw today...

On a brighter note..... My ultrasound was scheduled for April 4th BUT with a little fib (all my mom's fault) I somehow managed to get it pushed up to this Friday at 7:30 in the morning....

Here is the fib... You tell me what you think.... My mom told me to tell the doctor that she was coming into town this weekend(she lives in Florida) and that she wasn't going to be able to come back until the baby was born.... Hence why we needed to go baby shopping this weekend..... With MUCH hesitation the grouchy doctor FINALLY agreed to see if we could get it pushed up... the only opening they had was this Friday at 7:30 in the morning... (Wow that is early... especially when I am the only one in my house who wakes up happy.... Landon does too but he quickly switches moods...) But I took it because we really want to know the sex of this precious baby!!!

So this Friday at 7:30 our family will know if we are having a baby girl or a baby boy!!! I am excited and I really hope that this week goes by REALLY fast!! 
I need all of your PINK prayers but more importantly prayers for a healthy baby..... regardless girl or boy!!

So until Friday let the guessing begin... Girl or Boy????


Here are a few belly shots this week along with what our precious little one is up to!!

18 week bump... Not much different than last week!

somewhat of a belly shot but more of Landon already proving to be jealous of the baby!  
18 week belly shot!!

How your baby's growing:

Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.

what our little one looks like this week!!

1 comment: