Tuesday, March 29, 2011

19 weeks!!!

Oops.. I am posting this a day late but to my credit I have been a very busy gal over the past few days... I have had so much to take in and so much to think about.. Now that we know we are going to have a pretty little girl I have to be on top of things... Her room has to be perfect and everything that goes along with it has to be just as perfect..So.. with that said I am so anxious to getting her room started... There are however a few things that have to happen first..

1-the sleeper couch has to be taken out of her room along with the little clutter that still remains in there.
2-Aaron's clothes have to be taken out of her closet.. He was so cute the other day.. He walked into "Livy's" closet and said, "Why are there pink dresses in my closet?" My response was, "because it is no longer your closet dear!!" He just looked at me, smiled, and shook his head... I think he knows that she already has him wrapped around her little finger... and I LOVE it!!

Her room will be painted next weekend when my mom comes into town... She is the painter in this family.. Aaron is not allowed to be anywhere near a paint brush... I mean NO WHERE near a paint brush.. He gets paint on the floor, ceiling, windows, and everywhere else except the walls... It is pitiful... which is why we hired a painter a few months back to paint our house!! Once the paint gets on the walls I think it will become more real to us all.. I still have the fear that her "girl parts" will somehow turn into "boy parts." Aaron thinks I am crazy but that has actually crossed my mind... I just can't help it.

In other news, my belly is getting bigger and little Miss is moving ALL the time now. I am beginning to think that Evan will be able to feel her move soon.. She actually prefers to kick my left side more than my right side and every morning around 5:15 she decides it is time to do jumping jacks on my bladder....It is cute now but I am sure that in a few more months it won't be so cute... It will hurt and be uncomfy!!

There was no weight gain this week so that is a plus... We are still at the 7 pound mark so far!!

Here are a few pics from this week along with that our little girl is up to this week!!
Enjoy!!

19 weeks 1 day!!
19 weeks belly!! She is growing!!


How your baby's growing:

Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.
Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

she is beginning to look a little squished!!

5 comments:

  1. So cute!! And only 7 lbs? You're my paragon of virtue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Court... I am very lucky that I've only gained 7 pounds... I don't feel different and I'm not any hungrier than I was before being pregnant... but watch.. now that I am patting myself on the back the pounds will just start pouring on...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing is you're half-way through so even if they do pour on (which I doubt) you'll still be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thinking about a really light shade of pink.. Nothing bright but really suddle to go with her bedding.. I want to incorporate a lot of black, hot pink, and whites with a few little touches of the green that is in the bedding too!! Hopefully it will all turn out great! I just bought a white tree print from etsy to put in the corner of one of her walls.. It is adorable...

    ReplyDelete