Tuesday, February 1, 2011

When are you due??

Over the weekend the hubby and myself went on a little double date with friends of ours (Claire & Luke) and it was a nice little break from the usual take out or frozen dinner entrees that I have been preparing my family for the last 11 weeks. (I used to cook meals from scratch every day until this baby decided to use more energy than I can make in a day.)
At dinner I was very self-conscious because I still felt like I was at the stage in my pregnancy where people would just stare at me and think mean things to themselves like, "She is so unproportinate, She would be really cute if she could just lose the gut, What is she thinking wearing those jeans with that shirt? She needs to be a size up in both?"
I could feel the stares coming from every direction in the restaurant and it really bothered me. That was until our waitress came to the table and said the words that I have been praying for. She said, "When are you due?"
Hallelujah!!! Thank you Lord. Someone actually knows that I am pregnant. Thank you waitress!!!
This could be due to one of two things. 1-The baby is actually filling my uterus up and pushing it out making it look like I am pregnant. 2- I have been eating way too much and that has pushed my "stomach" out.
I do have to say that now I feel like I actually "look" pregnant and that makes me really happy... or sad... depending on what minute of the day it is!! But overall, it pleases me to know that maybe just maybe people won't give me the "she just ate one too many pieces of key lime pie" look.

1 comment:

  1. hahahahah I thought that with Taylor. I think it caused me to eat more so I would look more pregnant. Awww you make me miss being pregnant. . . no never mind. I HATED BEING pregnant.

    ReplyDelete