Sunday, February 27, 2011

Butterfly Kisses!!!

What an exciting time for me... I am feeling this bundle of joy move around in my belly for the first time and it is melting my heart. It really amazes me at how this precious life is only 4 inches long and weighing in roughly at 2 1/2 ounces and yet I can feel the life that she/he has turned into.
All of this fluttering started Friday evening... There have been a couple of times a few weeks ago that there were one or two little "thumps" here and there but Friday night this little tumbler decided that she/he was making her/himself known.
Of course Aaron can't feel this yet and I can't wait until he can. He was so funny Friday night when I YELLED across the room for him to come here... He probably thought I had fallen down our stairs or something more extreme... but nope... It was me feeling this baby... I had him put his hand on my stomach for probably 5 minutes..... It was frustrating for me because I can feel this little one so why can't he?!?!!? I kept saying... "I know you felt that.." His response... "No.. I didn't feel that one either.." That continued until I finally gave up...
I am also getting really anxious about Evan and Landon feeling their sister/brother moving around. More so for Evan since he is at the age where he really understands that mommy has a baby in her belly. He didn't fully understand that when I was pregnant with Landon so I am excited that he will get to be more involved this time as well.
I'm sure that by the end of this pregnancy the kicking and tumbling will go from being "cute" to "hurting" but I am going to try my hardest to soak it all in. I am just so thankful to God for allowing me the honor and privilege to be the mommy to the three most precious gifts a mom could ever ask for.
You can't explain the little movements to anyone with them ever being able to fully understand that mommy/baby bond. There is nothing that I wouldn't do for this precious gift and that will never change. I am a better person because of my children and I am so fortunate that I get to experience these "butterfly kisses" yet again!! Thank you God for all of my miracles....


this isn't my belly but wow!! What a precious little miracle that is!!!

1 comment: