Monday, February 21, 2011

Second Trimester!!!

I am officially in my second trimester and I can't believe it. This pregnancy is just going by too fast.... I had my 14 week appointment today and here are the things that took place. (besides waiting an hour with a screaming toddler who didn't want to sit in his stroller after the first 5 minutes we were there.... uurrgggh)

Blood Pressure: 133/76- great news because this time with both boys my blood pressure was in the 150s/high 80s!!!
Weight gain- 3 pounds which brings grand total to 6 pounds so far!! (not too bad!!)
 Baby's heartbeat- varied from 158-165 and seemed to stay at 163!! (at our 9 week ultrasound the heartbeat was 182!!)

Our next appointment will be in 4 weeks (18 week appointment) and then on April 4th (20 weeks) we find out PINK or BLUE!!

A few things I have noticed in the past few weeks are:
1- the small amount of nausea that I had is GONE!!
2- smells don't bother me nearly as much... unless it is a good smell and then it is more than likely that I want whatever it is to eat or drink!!
3-I am not nearly as tired... thank goodness because I was beginning to feel like a walking zombie!
4- I PEE ALL OF  THE TIME... but that isn't likely to go away any time soon!
5- food cravings are only getting worse.. If I think I want it... I HAVE to have it!!
6- my clothes and bras are beginning to get quite uncomfortable!!


Here is what is going on with the baby this week!!! (courtesy of babycenter)

Welcome to the second trimester! This week's big developments: Your baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb. Thanks to brain impulses, his facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another. His kidneys are producing urine, which he releases into the amniotic fluid around him -- a process he'll keep up until birth. He can grasp, too, and if you're having an ultrasound now, you may even catch him sucking his thumb. In other news: Your baby's stretching out. From head to bottom, he measures 3 1/2 inches -- about the size of a lemon -- and he weighs 1 1/2 ounces.


Here are a few belly shots from today... 14 weeks 0 days!!









front shot... see the "bulge!?!?"

 side shot


another side shot

3 comments:

  1. I am definitely getting girl vibes for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope you are right!! Haha!! It still blows my mind how this pregnancy is SO different than my first two!! Pink thoughts!!!

    ReplyDelete