Friday, February 11, 2011

Oh Split!!!

Today has been one of those days I guess you could say. For starters, I woke up late...really late.... and Evan had preschool this morning. I had to run around like a chicken with my head cut off because I had approximately 25 minutes to get both boys dressed, brush their teeth, and  food shoved down their throats. This meant that I was "that" mom dropping her child off at preschool looking like a hot mess... (still in my pajamas and my hair looked like a rats nest.)
When I got back home and walked in the door I realized that I forgot to drop my dog off at the boarding place since we are going out of town this weekend so... back in the car I went (yes, in my pajamas) and I drove like a bat out of hell to get the dog dropped off in time.  (I barely made it BUT I made it)
Finally.... we returned home again and I was able to take a shower. (kind of... I did have a 22 month old opening my shower door every 5 seconds to play peek-a-boo with me and in the meantime water went all over the floor.)
After taking a not so relaxing shower it was time to get dressed.
Now that I am almost 13 weeks prego this is a task that can take hours at a time to complete.
I have yet to venture out and buy maternity clothes for numerous reasons. I also gave all of my old maternity clothes away because I lost a bunch of weight last year so none of it would fit anyway.
As I was looking through my "not pregnant" clothes I decided on a pair of my "skinny"jeans. (not the actual skinny jeans that stick to every inch of your body but my size 2 jeans that I never thought I would be "skinny" enough to wear.) That's why I call them my skinny jeans!! So "skinny" jeans and a tank top with a sweater over it is what the consensus was until this happened!!
Yeap.. That's right. They split right down the middle as I was doing one of those bouncing up and down numbers trying to get them above my badonka donk. (Instant tears appeared and I couldn't stop them for 2 reasons). 1-these are my FAVORITE jeans and now they are destroyed. 2-I officially feel like a beached whale.
So now that I feel like a tub of lard I believe I will sulk my sorrows in a bowl of Special K cereal and then take my 3 year old to the doctor because he is screaming that his ear hurts so my guess is that he will have an ear infection!!!!  I guess you can say that my day is DOOMED!!!

Happy Weekend Everyone!!

3 comments:

  1. When I read the title I was thinking banana split :/. Sorry to hear about your bad day. Hope tomorrow is better!!! Embrace the maternity jeans one last time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are these AE jeans? Bc the same thing happened to me when I was in early pregnancy w Emersen!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiffany they ARE AE jeans... I am somewhat glad that this happened to you too.. Those are the only jeans that I can wear and they were my favorite ones... It is so weird because the size 2 ripped but I can still button my size 4 with no problem... Urrgghh...

    ReplyDelete