Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Oh Yoga!!

This whole pregnancy I have been telling myself that I am going to stay in shape and be a fit prego woman.. My solution to staying fit was to put in my yoga dvd every other day and complete it without interruption.
12 weeks into my pregnancy and I finally put in the dvd. Yes, I know.. almost a trimester later and I finally started exercising.
I really have no excuse OTHER than I have TWO toddlers who require my attention 24/7 which makes me exhausted before 10 am on a daily basis. Not to mention that this baby has pretty much sucked the living life out of me too but other than that, I am great!!
As I was sitting on the couch yesterday afternoon my sweet hubby announced that he was going to go for a run.( I had mentioned to him days prior that every time he worked out I would do yoga.) In order to stick to my word I had to get my lazy bum off of the couch and pretend to be somewhat excited about doing downward dog for an hour when all I wanted to do was stay on the couch and sip my sweet tea from McAllisters. (The hubby brought me home an entire gallon yesterday!! YES!!)
So out the door he went and to the floor I went.
Step One: wipe the dust off of the dvd and place it in the dvd player- check
Step Two: begin workout- check
Step Three: do entire workout without interruption- FAILED!!

About 15 minutes into the dvd my sweet and rambunctious 22 month old toddler decided it was time for a piggy back ride while I was in some weird pose that I can't even pronounce. (I couldn't tell him no so oops... there went approximately 5 minutes off of my workout.)
After I so kindly finished the piggy back ride I got back into the zone and started the lunges. - I really don't remember lunges hurting so bad back in high school.
Then it was time for the relaxation part(my favorite part!) What do you know. My little man decided that this was not a relaxation time for mommy but rather a time for him to do airplane. (You know.. when you lift your little one up in the air with your legs and pretend they are an airplane.)
Instead of pausing the dvd like I should have, I just let it keep playing. After all, I was still getting a workout lifting a 22 pound toddler in the air right? There was however nothing relaxing about it!
After that, I just gave up and started dinner while sipping on my sweet tea. I realize now that my sweet tea probably did more than just cancel out my 30 minute workout. Oh well. I will do better today!

Conclusion to working out- workout during nap time so that I can get my zen time on!!!

On a lighter note, we are 12 weeks pregnant now!! I am hoping this means my energy will somewhat return to me soon!! Enjoy the picture!!

12 weeks 1 day prego!!!

2 comments:

  1. Aww, you're so cute! Doing any sort of DVD or Wii workout while Harper is awake is out of the question! If it doesn't happen during naptime, it doesn't happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely count chasing toddlers as a work out =). Looking good momma!

    ReplyDelete