Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"Mommy, I don't want another brother!!"

Boy oh boy did I have an interesting conversation with my almost 4 year old the other day. You see, Evan (my oldest) has always been my cuddle bug and he would do anything for his mommy!! He is a momma's boy for sure. He has always been this way and people are often amazed that he listens(for the most part) after I ask him to do something ONE time. He uses his manners like EVERY boy should. It is yes mam, no mam, yes sir, no sir, please and thank you. I am very big on using manners and showing respect and my children will do the same.
Well.... I pray they do.. Landon(my now middle child) is a terror.. I love him to pieces but he is a terror. He doesn't listen, he could care less about time-out, he tortures Evan, and it is his way or the highway.... he does however say yes mam, no mam, please, and thank you.... but that is beside the point. The fact of the matter is that my two boys are polar opposites and I think this is why Evan and I had the conversation that we did the other day. It went a little something like this!!!
Evan and I were sitting on the couch the other day and he started rubbing my belly and talking to the baby. (it was adorable) Then all of a sudden out of nowhere he looked up at me and said, "Mommy! I don't want another brother." I was a little caught off guard. I asked him why he didn't want another brother. His response. "because I already have one of those." I chuckled a little and said something along the lines of "Well buddy... Mommy doesn't know if it is a brother or sister yet and it might be a brother..."  THAT WAS THE WRONG THING TO SAY BECAUSE HE ALMOST WENT INTO CARDIAC ARREST!!!!
But WHY Mommy????????????  I want a baby sister... I really DON'T want a baby brother.. (the freak out continued for 10 minutes..)
I think he is scared to death that if he has another brother that he will be just like Landon. (I think I have the same fear.) That might sound mean to some of you but you have never been in a store when he has a meltdown, been in a doctor's office when HE decides that he no longer wants to wait, been at a birthday party when he screams at the TOP of his lungs DOWN NOW... referring that you better let him down right then or there would be hell to pay, play musical chairs from 7:30-10:00 pm because he thinks it is funny to get out of his bed every five minutes and go in his brother's room to try and wake him up........ I could go on and on but I think you get the point....
So... every night when Evan says his prayers he prays for a baby sister. Not a brother ... but a sister.. He prays HARD too.... Eyes closed tight with a serious face...
I think this conversation led me to have my first baby nightmare last night... I dreamed that I was getting my ultrasound and for some reason my mom was the technician.... and what popped up.. Yeap... you guessed it.. The famous little turtle that pops up to let you know it is a boy... In my dream I panicked saying things along the lines of, "I don't want another boy.. I can't handle another boy.. Please God not a another boy....." (kind of like how Evan panicked the other day..)
After I panicked for a few minutes I was able to calm down a little when my mom (the technician) started laughing and told me that it wasn't a boy.. It was after all a girl... (She had placed a fake ultrasound screen on the tv)    SIGH OF RELIEF!!!

Now.. don't get me wrong.. another little boy would be wonderful (I may panic often) but it would still be wonderful.... but for Evan's sake and my sanity.... Please Lord let PINK vibes be in my favor....

My two little loves!! Can't you tell which one is the terror?!?! (Sweet but still a terror!!)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley,
    I really like your blog. i just followed you, and I look forward to reading your new posts! In case your wondering, I am Sarah's( from Le bebe Barnett
    and Parents too) sister.

    ~Mylena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mylena!! I hope you enjoy all of my blog posts!!

    ReplyDelete