Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Thank you first trimester!!

Wow..... I'm already 1/3 of the way through this pregnancy. That just seems crazy to me. I feel like I should be 8 weeks but nope I am 13 weeks and 3 days along... which means my first trimester is a couple of shut eyes away from being over. I can't complain about my first trimester at all because it has really been a breeze.....
You see, my first two pregnancies went something like this....

Evan-  I started throwing up at 6 weeks and 1 day. (I threw up on average 5-7 times a day.) This lasted until I was 17 weeks and 4 days.... Yes, I counted the days... 
At 9 weeks and 3 days I was put in the hospital for dehydration. I was then placed on FOUR different medications to help with the sickness but nothing helped... not even Zofran (what they give cancer patients for nausea.)
At  24 weeks, I fell down stairs while working which put me in the hospital with pre-term labor. The doctors stopped the labor but I stayed in the hospital for 2 days.
At 26 weeks I was diagnosed with high blood pressure which turned into pre clampsia at 32 weeks of pregnancy. This meant complete bed rest for me at home until 36 weeks... Then I was put on bedrest in the hospital until I was induced at 37 weeks 4 days.
I was in labor for 14 hours and pushed for 1 1/2 hours. I was also given the epidural THREE times because the oh so smart anesthesiologist missed my spine the first two times..... Urrgghhh. I still get mad thinking about that!!


Landon-  I started throwing up at 5 weeks and 4 days. ( I threw up on average 5-10 times a day.) This lasted until I was 18 weeks and 5 days...  Yeap.... I threw up LONGER this pregnancy!!
At 11 weeks and 2 days I was put in the hospital for severe dehydration and I stayed in the hospital for 5 days. (I was then put on 3 different medications... and if you guessed right... NONE of them worked!!)
At 15 weeks my blood pressure was pretty high and they kept an eye on it. It didn't seem to get too wacko until around 28 weeks.
At 32 weeks my blood count became really low and this meant I had to go to the lab 2-3 times a week to get blood drawn out of my arms... This in turn made me look like a druggy because both arms were black and blue from the needles. This took place 2-3 times a week, every week from 32 weeks to 38 weeks.
At 32 weeks I was placed on bedrest AGAIN... Thankfully they let me stay at home on bedrest under the condition that I took my blood pressure 3-5 times a day and recorded them all.
At 33 weeks the doctors realized that I had too much amniotic fluid which meant more trips to the doctor for more tests!!
A  had to go to the doctor 2-4 times a week.... This was ANNOYING!!!
So at 38 weeks exactly, I was induced with Landon!! and YEAP.. I had to get the epidural THREE times again because a different anesthesiologist couldn't get it right the first two times either....
Thankfully this labor was only 8 hours and I pushed for 8 minutes!!


I am HOPING and PRAYING that since this pregnancy has been so different thus far, maybe just maybe everything else will be a breeze. Fingers and toes crossed!!

So THANK YOU First Trimester for being so kind to me. I greatly appreciate being able to eat and drink whatever this little baby desires. I don't however appreciate the 6 pound weight gain so far....
I do have ONE small request though.. If there is any way that you could allow me to sleep for more than 2 hours at a time without having to get up to go tinkle I would really appreciate it.

Sincerely,
Ashley Hughes

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you seriously wanted to get pregnant again after all of that?! Your a brave girl!!!! I am so happy for you that you feel great this time! I don't think you'll get away with not tinkling though. It is awful isn't it?! Definitely not the worst of your trials though!

    ReplyDelete