Sunday, January 30, 2011

Belly Band, I love you!!!

Well oh well, what can I say? I have officially popped out as one would say. I don't know how it happened but it seemed to happen at some point between 11 pm last night and 7 am this morning. My "skinny" jeans that I have been so proud of wearing the first 11 weeks of my pregnancy have now reached the point of having "the bulge!" I have to say that this makes me quite sad because I thought I could get by for a few more weeks without getting the bulge.....
I had seen something called the Belly Band last week when I was walking the aisles during my weekly visit to Target and I was mesmerized. Why did I not have one of these things when I was pregnant with Evan and Landon?? I could have worn way cuter pants if I would have had this because we all know that "maternity" pants just aren't stylish. Better yet, maternity clothes in general are just so old fashioned and outdated unless you are willing to fork out $60.00 for a t-shirt that your belly will cover for a max of 2 months... I don't know about you, but I just can't do it.....  Needless to say, I purchased the Belly Band because I knew I would get my money's worth out of it SOON!!
Fast forward 4 days and that leads us to this morning.  As I went to pull up my "skinny" jeans around 11 am,  I noticed that they were getting a little tighter in the legs BUT they wouldn't button over my BELLY. I probably could have gotten them to button but I would have had to lay down on my bed, try to suck my gut in, and pray to God that the button wouldn't explode off when I stood back up..... I didn't have that kind of energy so I went to the closet and grabbed the Belly Band.
As soon as I put the Belly Band around my waist, it was instant relief. It was amazing!!! I can still wear my "skinny" jeans.  The only difference is they are unbuttoned with a band over it. No one but myself will know and I somehow feel like I have tricked people into thinking that I am one of those "skinny" moms that will only gain weight in the belly. So thank you Belly Band, I have always wanted to be a skinny, pregnant mom!!!!

Take a look. The first picture is me at 10 weeks and 1 day......




Now look at this picture. It is me today at 10 weeks and 6 days... (with the Belly Band) See the DIFFERENCE?!?!?!?!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED mine with Gabriel! Especially when I had to work weddings, because my dress pants fit the entire pregnancy =). I didn't want to have to buy expensive maternity dress pants. Glad you found that, it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley - I can't believe you didn't know about the belly band with your first two! I couldn't have lived without mine - even when I went to maternity pants, I couldn't keep them up without it!

    ReplyDelete