Sunday, January 23, 2011

Dear Nacho Belgrande Gods!!

As I approach my 10 week mark tomorrow I am finding many differences in this pregnancy compared to my previous two. The most surprising is that  I am actually able to stomach more than 400 calories in a day. This has lead to gratification and misery on many levels. I actually have "cravings" and they are the most random, obnoxious cravings that I never thought I would have. I feel like an anorexic who has just discovered food! If I feel like I am craving it I want it, and I won't quit thinking about it until I get it. My most prized craving has been a bean Nacho Belgrande from Taco Bell. I even throw in an occasional Chicken Chalupa in hopes that I will eat that first and then become too full to devourer the entire bean Nacho Belgrande.(That has yet to happen.)
I know that this is my last 6 1/2 months to almost feel guilt free about indulging in my not so good for you food but I also know that the more weight I gain, the more I will be cussing myself when I have to sweat like a pig on my elliptical machine for hours at a time.
I have come to the conclusion that in order to "protect" myself from that happening I need to force myself on the dreadful scale at least 2 times a week.  This will insure that I don't die on my elliptical machine after giving birth.
So, I did it. I got on the dreadful scale this morning.... Much to my surprise I have only gained 3 pounds in the first 10 weeks of pregnancy. Thank you Nacho Belgrande Gods. After staring at the scale in astonishment for a minute my pride quickly turned to anxiety when I came back to realty. (Ummm... Ashley. Your baby weighs an ounce at the most..... That's right.. ONE ounce....This means that the other 2.9 pounds have come from you just being a couch potato and eating whatever you want..)
Some of you are probably thinking, "Get over it Ashley. You are pregnant. EAT!" What you don't know, is that my metabolism is HORRIBLE and it will literally take me sweating my rear off for endless hours just to lose 2.9 pounds.... I mean ENDLESS hours... Just the thought of getting out to the garage to wipe the dust off of my elliptical machine hurts my head and my heart..
With that in mind, I quickly got dressed this morning and ran out to the grocery store and bought all kinds of fruit and "healthy" snacks that will hopefully divert me from taking a left turn 3 minutes from my house to the Taco Bell.
Just in case I cave in once in a while here is my prayer to you Nacho Belgrande Gods.
Please oh please let whatever weight gain that may come from my indulgence to you end up in one of the following places: my chest or my stomach. That way people will think I am a normal, healthy, pregnant woman. Do NOT go to my chin, arms, thighs, hips, back, or feet. I will disown you for life after I give birth if you do this to me. Amen!!

Oh my goodness.. My mouth is watering all over again... (I am forcing myself to the refrigerator to get a bowl of grapes!)

 

2 comments:

  1. haha, your silly! I was never that "eat it up" person because it is not healthy for you or the baby, but it IS o.k. to splurge every now and again. Just limit yourself and you'll be great =). You can look up alternatives to your cravings. Like if your craving salty go for peanuts instead of chips! Everything in moderation. Make the boys eat half of your nachos ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is funny that you mentioned peanuts because I bought a bag of pistachios yesterday... They are delicious!! I did pretty good with weight gain with both of my boys. I gained 30 with Evan and 17 with Landon.... I hope to stay around the 17 mark this go round... It was a lot EASIER to lose 17 pounds than 30!!! Thanks for the advice!! I am sure I will need alternatives over the next 6 1/2 months... hehe!!

    ReplyDelete