Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Pull it together you walking mood swing!!

"What in the world is wrong with me?" I have been asking myself this question numerous times a day, almost every day of the week. I can never seem to pick a mood and stick with it. 
For instance.  This morning I was laying in bed starring in awe at my 21 month old over how adorable he is when he first wakes up and walks into my room to give me a big ole hug and then BOOM!!! He decideed to drop the water that was sitting so peacefully on my nightstand and where did it go?  Onto the carpet where it splattered everywhere. That was all it took.. Those measly 3 ounces of clear liquid sent me into a full blown rampage. "What in the world are you thinking Landon? You should know better than to pick up my cup and try to carry it across the room! I can't believe you would do something like that. Oh my gosh, seriously?!?!?! My day can't get any worse!"
If he could talk back to me in full sentences he would have probably told me to shove it. Instead, he looked at me with with tears in his eyes and said, " I'm sorry mommy."
Oh Lord.. That's all it took.There they went. I started balling my eyes out in those big crocodile tears and in the midst of not being able to speak from the uncontrollable panting and snot blowing, I somehow managed to pull it together for 5 seconds and said, " I love you too and Mommy is sorry buddy."
Looking back on it now, I laugh but it wasn't funny this morning. Or was it? Hell, I don't know.
All I know is that these hormones are likely to 1- drive to insane to the point where I indulge in the not so good for you food and/or 2- make me homeless before the end of the week if I can't get them under control... (Aaron really wouldn't do that... There would be way too much hell for him to pay  if he even mentioned it.)
~Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment