Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Baby Myths....

Every pregnancy is different right?? Well, my answer to that is somewhat. You see, my first two pregnancies were almost identical except that with my first I gained 30 pounds and with my second I gained 17 pounds. Other than that, everything was dead on including their gender (both boys) which leads me to question if I am having a girl this time because everything is so different!?!?!
With that in mind, I have found myself completely obsessed with going to different websites and taking different "quizzes" to see if I am going to have a boy or girl. Some of the questions have left me a little stumped though. Here is why.
One question asks if I eat the heel of the bread. You see, I call it the end piece but whatever and I have NEVER eaten it because I think it is gross so how am I suppossed to answer that question?? I just answered no.
Another question asks if my pillow is facing north or south. Now for those of you who know me well, you know that my sense of direction is HORRIBLE. I think a blind man could get somewhere with a map better than I could. How am I supposed to know which direction it is facing when I don't even know which direction I am facing? So, I put south because I like the south better than the north... for many reasons...
Here are some questions that were easy to answer.
1. Are your feet colder than normal- YES.. probably because it hasn't gotten out of the 30's in the past month.
2. Are you more tired than usual- YES.. I have two toddlers and a husband. Who wouldn't be exhausted all of the time.
3. Do you crave salty things or sweet things?- Hello... SWEETS... What woman doesn't love sweets!!
4. Is the baby's heart rate above or below 140?- Above, it was 182
5. How often do you have to pee? Ummm... considering I have already put my bladder through torture two times from pregnancy and now I am doing it again I have to pee ALL of the time.... Even in my sleep. I pee so much it makes my husband have to pee more.
6. Does the hair on your legs grow faster than before? No thank goodness..
7. Do you have more pimples than before? Well, I have really never had an issue with pimples (Thank you God) so when I get one pimple I freak out. At the time of the quiz I had 5 pimples so my answer was hell yes!
8. Does your beauty seem to have diminished with this pregnancy? What kind of question is this? And if anyone dared to tell me that my "beauty" had been stripped of me I think I may just throw a can of whoop a@% on them!!

After taking this quiz my results were- 75% chance of a girl which wasn't solid enough for me so I did something else.
I did the Chinese chart... I don't know why I bothered looking at it because I remember doing it with both of my boys and both times it said I was going to have a girl..... Ummm... I have two boys.. But I took it anyway. It said this was going to be a GIRL.... Maybe just maybe three times is the charm!!!
With that in mind, I still wasn't convinced so I have decided to go out and purchase the Intelligender Gender Test. Now this test is supposed to be 82% accurate in determining the sex of your baby. It says you can take it at 10 weeks. I will probably do it this weekend to give me a few more days of cushion. I will let you know the results!!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see! I almost bought one with Gabriel, but decided to wait it out. I figured I would STILL be wondering if he was a boy or girl until the ultrasound. 82% is a pretty good chance though. I mean considering it is already a 50% chance one or the other..This pushes it over 32%. Then its only 8 more weeks until you find out for sure!

    ReplyDelete