Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Baby Shower.... Pink, Pink, and more Pink!!!!

What an eventful weekend we had.... Friday was our doctor appointment/ultrasound and it happened to be my 5 year wedding anniversary so after my appointment my mom and Eddie took the boys to Fayetteville so Aaron and I could enjoy our anniversary... Cheesecake Factory it was because that is what Olivia wanted....
Saturday we were in Fayetteville because my soon to be sister in law was picking out her wedding dress... YAH!!! and bless her heart for preparing to put up with my brother for the rest of her life!!!
Saturday night I wanted something SO bad.... pretty much would have done anything to get it.. this may fall under the craving category but it is too important not to mention right now... For all of you Fayetteville/ Hope Mills people that no longer live there like myself.... where is the one place that you must go when you come into town? Yes, Mi Casitas.... even if it was just take out I still loved every bite of it!! Yummy!!!
So Sunday was baby shower day!! Yah!! I was excited from the moment I got up. It was almost as if I had never had a baby shower before because I knew that all of the "pink" would be brand new to me!! And boy was I right!!!
To start off with, the cake was just beautiful AND delicious thanks to Angela Culver!!! I knew what kind of design I wanted so I asked her if she could do it and BAM.... She did it. My grandma's favorite bird was a hummingbird and since I knew I wanted her to be a part of the shower I knew exactly what to do... So there were 2 hummingbirds placed on the cake in her memory.. Love you grandma!!
I also wanted a diaper cake so thanks to Angela again for the beautiful diaper cake.. It was exactly what I wanted!!
Before I opened any presents, I let the boys open their present from their sister for being such great BIG BROTHERS!! It was a great idea because it kept them busy the whole time!!! Evan even walked up to my belly and said, "Thank you Olivia for my present!!" He is such a sweet boy.. Landon on the other hand just ran into the other room ready to play with his new Cars 2 Race Track....
Presents, presents, and more presents..... Olivia got so many goodies that even I was in awe of just how much she got. I couldn't believe my eyes when Aaron was loading up both cars... We were all like sardines on the ride back home..
I do have to say though that my two favorites were...
1- Olivia's handmade blankets and tag blanket that my grandma Maloney made. There is just something about handmade things that make you appreciate them so much more. Little Olivia will always have those blankets knowing that her great grandma took the time to make them especially for her... so thank you grandma!! We appreciate them and you more than you know!!
2- Olivia will be my little diva child because she now has her own spa bath tub... Yes, I said it right.. SPA bathtub.. It actually shoots out little bubbles for her... When I saw this at Babies R Us it was one of those things that I couldn't help but scan as I walked past it.. It didn't matter if I didn't get it (well maybe it did) but just knowing that she could have her own little spa made me giggle... and it still does!! Thank you aunt Ronda, uncle Jon, and Rebecca for Olivia's spa and goodies to go along with it!!
We also played two games... The first was where everyone got a clothes pin when they arrived and if they were caught saying the word "cute" they got their clothes pin taken away.. Whoever had the most clothes pins at the end of the shower won!! Rebecca Sweet, my cousin won!!!
The second game was where everyone tore off a piece of a party streamer paper to the size that they thought my stomach was wrapped around.... For some reason 95% of the people tore off a piece TOO BIG!!!!!!!! Not happy about that one.. hehe!!! My little cousin Aubrey was the winner!!! What a smart little girl she is!!
I LOVED every single other gift whether it was diapers, wipes, pajamas, gift cards, blankets, bottles, precsious moments, etc... Every one of you that took the time to make it to the shower or send a gift made my day (Olivia's too!!)
I can't say Thank You enough... I truly am blessed to have such great family and friends!!
A really big thank you to my mommy and grandma for hosting the shower!! Everything was beautiful and I could not have asked for anything better!! It was a day that I will never forget.. I love you both very much!!
At the end of the shower we let Evan and Landon take the balloons outside,make a wish for their sister, and then release them... Whether they actually made a wish for her I will never know... but it was cute in theory...
For those of you who know me, you know I can be OCD about certain things... and yes, it also probably has to do with the fact that I am getting into the nesting stage, but once we got home around 10:00 Sunday night, I couldn't go to sleep until all of her things were put away. So I stayed up until 1 a.m making sure all of her goodies were in the right place... and I have to say that I am getting really excited about my little girls arrival in a few short weeks!!

To make the day even sweeter, my mom informed me that when she was outside on the back porch during the shower, there was a hummingbird that was flying around. I just know that it was my grandma's way of letting me know that she was there..... AND to make it even more memorable when I went to Target yesterday to pick up Thank You notes to write out I came across these really cute ones that had ladybugs on them. For some reason I just kept looking at them but didn't want to buy them because they were a little expensive... Needless to say I bought them anyway because they were cute and they also reminded me of my grandma.. When I got home and opened the box, my mouth dropped... Little did I know that this particular brand of note cards (Papyrus) is known for something special.... As I looked through the stack of cards, I came across some seals to put on the back of the envelopes.. I didn't even know they came with seals.. but as I looked closely, tears started forming in my eyes because on the seals there are hummingbirds... As a matter of fact, there are also hummingbirds on the back of the thank you card and on the back of the envelope. Just another little reminder that my grandma was with me....Even though I missed her dearly at my shower, I can now smile big knowing that she was there all along!!
Enjoy the pictures from my shower.. It was a day to remember!!




2 comments:

  1. How cool is the spa! Hopefully she will enjoy it ;). Looks like you had a beautiful shower!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heyyy!!! Candace Williams...well now she's Candace Heath told me about your blog. I think you guys used to teach together. {Candace is my husband's cousin.} Been following your blog and think your baby bump is absolutely adorable! :)

    --Stacey--
    theyarbroughsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete