Friday, June 24, 2011

31 week appointment!!

Oh my goodness... Well today was appointment day and my hopes of her being head down were shot down. Last week when we had our 4d ultrasound she was pretty much in the head down position so I just assumed that she would stay that way..... but oh no!! Little miss must like freaking me out because not only is she breach but her head is laying on my left set of ribs and her feet are on my right set of ribs....which probably explains why I can never breath and why I'm not hungry... I have NO room to do either!!!!
My mom is in town!! Yah!! So she was able to go to the appointment with Aaron and I this morning. The ultrasound wasn't as good as we hoped for because she is breach and facing down... We couldn't get a face shot but we did see all of her hair again!! Hehe!!!
She is measuring right on schedule length wise and she weighed in at 3 lbs 14 oz today and about 16.5 inches long....

Her heartrate was 141
My blood pressure was 137/74.. the top number is a little high but nothing to be concerned about and the bottom number is perfect.
I have gained 0.5 pounds in 3 weeks putting us at 16 pounds so far.... not that bad...

I go back in 2 weeks and at that appointment the doctor will feel if she is still breach. If so, we will schedule another ultrasound at my 36 week appointment and then I wil go to the hospital for a procedure called version. It is where they try and turn the baby around. I have to be at the hospital for this just in case something were to go wrong and they needed to get her out. I have heard that this procedure is a little painful but I'm willing to do it if it means there is a chance I don't have to have a c-section. I may sound like a wuss but I have never had a surgery and I don't plan on starting now. I would rather be in miserable labor pains than be cut open and have the long recovery time from a c-section.... especially with two boys at home and a flight of 15 stairs to walk... (all bedrooms are upstairs)
So please pray that my willful daughter decides to be head down within the next two weeks..... these next few weeks are crucial because the bigger she gets, the bigger I get, and the less room she has to turn!!

On a happier note, today is my 5 year anniversary and I couldn't be happier. I have a husband who loves me to pieces, who adores our two little boys, who is wrapped by his daughter already, and who is just as excited to spend the rest of his life with me as I am with him!! Together we make a great team and I couldn't imagine my life without him... I love you Aaron and can't wait to spend the next 50+ years as your wife!!! Now hurry your ass home so we can go out!!! Hehe!

My baby shower is also in 2 days!!! Yah!! I'm soooo excited!!! Bring on the pink!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment