Friday, May 27, 2011

Craving of the week!!

Well our house has been infected this week!! There hasn't been much eating going on around here other than saltines,pedialyte, gatorade, the occasional goldfish, and mashed potatoes. We have been cooped up in this house all week literally not even seeing the sunshine other than my daily trip to the mailbox. To make a long story short I was actually worried that I wouldn't be able to post my craving of the week because of the sicknesses going on.. (weird I know!)
That was until today.... Both of the boys were well enough to go to the movies and I was so antsy that they probably could have been throwing up and I still may have attempted it....So a little after 1 we ventured out to the movies to watch Kung Fu Panda 2... I didn't realize just how HUNGRY I was until we got there.... which is why you should NEVER go to the movies hungry..
Not only did we spend 20.00 to get ino the movie but we also spent 31.00 on FOOD!!!! Crazy I know... This is what we got!!!
1- medium popcorn
2-large diet coke
3-nachos
4- 2 kids meals ( I NEVER get kids meals but the boys had to have seperate drinks because of their colds so I didn't really have a choice & I was out of juice boxes at home so I couldn't bring any)

All of this leads me to hesitantly tell you how much of a PIG I was today. I didn't eat any breakfast because, well I never do and because my throat is a little sore and I just didn't feel up to it this morning... so by the 2:15 movie my belly and little baby were talking to me...
As soon as the guy handed over the nachos I could feel myself attacking them. Then came the popcorn and I attacked that too... and then the diet coke.... the cashier probably thought I was going to attack him next.
I couldn't get to our theatre fast enough... My mouth was watering and all I could think about was how quick I was going to destroy the food....
Once we got into our seats and got the boys comfy I handed Aaron the nachos as I held tightly onto the popcorn.... Once he got done eating his share of the nachos he gave them to me and I poured a little popcorn in the side dish and gave him the bag of popcorn..... (Long story.. I know) but this is where the craving comes in at...
It may sound gross to most of you and trust me, I even caught myself going, "Ashley, what in the hell are you doing??" but when I tell you that dipping little pieces of the popcorn into the cheese dip from the nachos is DELICIOUS I mean every word of it!! OMG!! It was just heavenly. I pretty much did everything to get every ounce of cheese out of the dish except stick my tongue in it (and I even thought about doing that..)
It may have tasted good because my body was going into food shock or it just may have been that dang on good!! Once my little side of popcorn was gone I stole half of Landon's popcorn out of his kid's meal without his knowing... (Evan's too.. Oops!!)
So craving of the week goes to the delicious YET expensive popcorn, nachos, and cheese at the Grand 18 Theatre in Winston Salem, NC!!




On a side note, yesterday when we were all laying in bed, little Miss Olivia decided to curl up into a perfect little ball in my belly and I was able to snap a quick picture of it before she squirmed to the left side of my belly!! I was 27 weeks and 3 days yesterday!!Here it is!!!


Until next week, Happy Cravings everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. I really shouldn't read on an empty stomach! I'm in the mood for some popcorn, and cheese. It's not just a pregnant lady thing, it tastes good all the time to me :)

    ReplyDelete