Thursday, May 19, 2011

26 week doctor appointment.... not what I wanted to hear!!!

Well oh well.... I knew today would be a long day since I had my 26 week appointment along with my glucola appointment scheduled at 1:00.... I have been preparing myself for this day all week because this meant I couldn't eat anything before my appointment but more importantly I couldn't have my daily dose of decaff Dunkin Donuts coffee with 4 splendas and a big splash or two of my hazelnut creamer.... The food I can go without... but my coffee... Well that is another story.. I live for my coffee in the mornings.. I actually go to bed happy at night because I know that my coffee will be waiting patiently for me in the morning... thanks to my amazing hubby!!!(His coffee tastes better than mine for some reason...)

So this is how today went....
1~ woke up at 7:30 thanks to my two sweet little boys wanting to watch Little Einsteins in mommy's bed.
2~fed boys blueberry waffles and just starred into my empty coffee pot..
3~folded three loads of laundry
4~vacummed the house...
5~cleaned the playroom (this is an every day task)
6~got ready for my doctor's appointment

Sounds normal so far right????

1:00- I got to the doctor's office and drank my lovely glucola drink.... gag me... I then had my finger pricked for my iron levels... (I'm assuming that was normal.. fingers crossed!)

My blood pressure was GREAT- 124/73
Livy's heartrate was in the 154 range
I gained 3 pounds in 5 weeks... not too bad... This puts me right at 13 pounds... I'm not too happy about that considering Olivia weighs TWO pounds..... but I'm trying to calm down....

Still sounds pretty good right?????

Well that is until I tell you that the doctor came in and felt my tummy and after squishing my child and my stomach to death he informed me that she is feet first.... in medical terms... she is breech...
I freaked out... for several reasons....
1- Evan and Landon were NEVER breech so this is NEW to me.
2- If she doesn't turn around on her own the doctor's will try to turn her which equals PAIN for me...
3- If that doesn't work I will need a c-section... Ummm... how about NO!!!! I don't want a c-section..
No offense to any of you that have had a c-section but I do NOT want one.. I love being able to have the experience of birthing my child.. I love having the immediate bonding time with her... I DON'T want a scar..... I DON'T want the extra recovery time... because with two toddlers that pretty much isn't possible.... I DON'T want my insides opened up.... I could go on and on and on..... but I guess you get the point.... Let's just say that isn't what I wanted to hear today....

SO what does any STARVING pregnant gal do that just got bad news.... She drives to Sonic and gets a Route 44 cherry slushie... and against her better judgement she also gets a LARGE order of tater tots with the intention of eating only a few... but she eats them all.... which led me to freak out even more about my weight gain.... which must be why I pretty much ate lettuce for dinner!!

Please pray that little Miss Olivia decides to turn her little self around on her own. I am really freaking out about this and would love to hear at my next appointment that she is head DOWN!!

My next appointment is in TWO weeks... I have reached that point in my pregancy where I go every TWO weeks now.. No more once a month for me... and before I know it, I will be going every week and them BOOM... she will be here...


To lightn the mood.... here is a yummy (sarcasm) picture of my tasty, flat, sugared up, hawiian punch that I had to drink in 5 minutes today.....

6 comments:

  1. Maybe I am ignorant, but what is the big deal about her being breech at 26 weeks? She still has PLENTY of time to go head down, I wouldn't worry about it. I had been worried about it a little, because I got a c-section b/c Gabriel was "Sunny Side Up," but until the last few weeks its nothing to worry about. One of my doula friends sent me to this site and it may be helpful for you to read: http://spinningbabies.com/baby-positions/breech-bottoms-up/about-breech

    Anyway, your fine! I have been reading in my Dr. Sears book that some peds will deliver breech babes, but most won't touch it. I hear pelvic tilts all throughout pregnancy really helps with this (hands and knees/tilt pelvis).

    That spinning babies site should give you lots of info though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you are only 26 wks!! She has time to flip head first then back breech a few times before you deliver. No worries. Anyway, I never even had a chance with my two (even though they were both perfectly positioned) bc apparently we grow them big and they just wouldn't fit through. My OB said Emmy had the shoulders of a linebacker when he pulled her out. Haha. Oh, and the scar is nothing.... so don't worry about that. I REALLY didn't want one either, which is why I pushed sooo long with Danica, but I didn't get my way with that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. both of y'all are right... I am just freaking out at the thought of it... The doctor didn't seem too worried about it today but he said we would keep an eye on her.. In the meantime I am looking up every way possible to get her to turn around.. I may even do a headstand... hehe!!! Thanks for making me feel better though.... Being cut open just FREAKS me out....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously don't think headstand is good for blood flow, and don't think it would work ;) haha! You will be o.k.. Even in worst case scenario the drugs make being cut open not so bad! It is those precious moments you were talking about (after delivery) that I feel I was cheated out of. Anyway, hoping for a VBAC for me and a non breech for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do have time, ash, and I think there are exercises to do to help turn her. Look it up on the Internet...just make sure it is a reputable site.

    ReplyDelete