Monday, April 4, 2011

20 weeks= halfway through!!

Wow.. We are officially halfway through with this pregnancy.. It is still hard to believe..Our precious little girl will be here before we know it and I am so anxious to meet her..

This past week we went in for another ultrasound because it didn't record on our dvd the first time.. I have to say that I was freaking out a little bit the day before the ultrasound because I just new that somehow her little girl parts were going to turn into little boy parts.... ( I don't know why I thought that but I was almost convinced.) But thank goodness her little girl parts are still little girl parts...

She moves ALL of the time now.. Aaron can pretty much feel her kick when I do now and this weekend I actually got a picture of her squished on the left side of my belly... It looks amazing!! It still amazes me that this precious life is growing at a constant rate in my belly.. Wow! God is great!!

All of her baby furniture has come in and all we have to do now is put her crib together.. We picked out her paint color yesterday. It is called Poetic Princess... It is a very light shade of pink... I didn't want anything bright because it would probably give me a headache... My mom is going to paint her room this weekend!! Yippee!! Most of the things that I have ordered online already should be in this week and my dad is going to hang her chandelier this week along with giving her the "perfect princess closet!!"

There is no weight gain from last week so we are still hanging out at the 7 pound mark however my stomach hurt all night last night and I am pretty sure that is was from her growing because it felt like my stomach was being stretched to pieces... (I wonder how I will feel in about 10 more weeks when she is really out of room?!?!)

How did I almost forget to mention that I have heartburn like CRAZY!!! It seems like it comes EVERY day several times a day... Tums are my new best friend and I pop them like crazy.. Evan even thinks that I am eating candy because I eat these things so much... All I have to say is that Little Miss better have a head full of hair for me to put bows in since she is making me hurt like a mad woman all the time!!

Here are a few pictures from this week along with what our little gal is up to this week!!!
Have a great week everyone!!

she was being sweet and waved at us!! She weighed in at around 11 ounces!!

this is her squished on the left side of my belly!!


20 weeks baby!!

belly shot from 20 weeks!!
what our little gal looks like this week!!

How your baby's growing:
Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)
He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).

1 comment:

  1. lol. I love it when they bunch up on one side! Also, I had awful heartburn and awful morning (all the time) sickness with Harper.. Combined with pregnancy hormones, I remember actually crying one time because I had to eat some Tums.. b/c they grossed me out but I knew it was the only thing that would help. So glad you aren't sick this time! :)

    ReplyDelete