Friday, April 15, 2011

Craving of the week!!

Boy oh boy what a week it has been.... I didn't post a craving of the week last week because I was just too busy to even think about it....between birthday parties, family in town, baseball games, and decorating a nursery I was exhausted to say the least...
I knew I would eventually get to a point in this pregnancy where things would pick up and I would start eating more... I don't know if not eating any meat has anything to do with it (probably does) but this week I have not been able to eat enough.. It seems like I am in the pantry or the fridge every 10 minutes... What the heck??? If it looks remotely good I want to eat it.. It doesn't matter that I just ate dinner 10 minutes prior... Aahhhhh!!!!
So below are a small list (I am too embarrassed to list them all) of things that have been oh so yummy this week!! I have a feeling that the scale at the doctor's office next Wednesday is going to do nothing but piss me off but it is too late to do anything about it now... (well.. besides picking out the least weighing outfit to wear when I get on the scale AND taking off my flip flops... because we all know that by taking flip flops off when you get on the scale it reduces your weight dramatically!!!)
 So get ready.. Here we go..... There are quite a few cravings this week!!

Craving number one: Pasta Salad... My mom made this for the boys' birthday party and I didn't get to eat a lof of it so I made some more yesterday!!! It is SOOOO good!!!


Craving number two: Doritos... This is a VERY strange one because before I was pregnant I hated doritos.. I don't like anything about them.. They stink and are way too cheesy for me... BUT... for some reason my mouth watered the other day when Aaron opened the bag and I just wanted to "taste" one... 1/4 of the bag gone later I decided to look at the nutritional value on the back and almost hit the floor.... Good grief those things are BAD for you.. I mean REALLY BAD for you!!!


Craving number three: Ruth's Lite Pominto Cheese: YUMMO!!! But you have to dip pretzels in it.. I have had the container for a little over a week and it is almost gone... Yeah... not so good I know...


Craving number four: Reduced Fat Wheat Thins: I have always liked these but I think it is now more of an obsession.... It is something about the crunch that makes me want to keep eating them... Atleast they are low fat right?!?!?!!? (I'm trying to make myself feel better!!)


Craving number five: (YES, there are five this week) Reduced fat vanilla wafers... I'm not sure why but I have had a sweet tooth also.... and this was the first thing I found in the pantry so I opened the box.... Now the box isn't so full anymore..


To my credit I haven't been eating all of this at the same time and I usually eat this rather than a meal (not so good to do) but hopefully next week will be a better week and I will learn to say NO to the pantry when I get the urge to walk in there every 5 seconds.. Until then I will just accept what the scale says and move on....

Happy Cravings everyone!!

3 comments:

  1. Haha, I do the same thing before a doctors appointment (least weighing clothes and off with the shoes). That is why I hated having to wear winter clothes to my last appointment! Darn weather keeps changing on me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - post the recipe for that pasta salad! It looks good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiff- it is SO easy...I don't have the exact measurements because I just "estimate" but here is what I put in it!

    1 package of elbow noodles
    cube up sharp cheddar cheese
    1-2 tomatoes sliced
    1 large cucumber sliced
    1/2 onion sliced
    1 contained zesty italian salad dressing ( I use fat free but you so don't need fat free)
    Parmesan cheese (the kind you put on spaghetti)
    salt
    pepper

    I boil the noodles and then put them in the fridge over night so they are cold when I add the other stuff but you could do it when it is warm if you want...
    I think that is all that goes in it.. If I forgot something oops..... Enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete