Thursday, August 25, 2011

Daily Routine out the window......

Nothing will change once Olivia gets here... I will still get up, have a cup of coffee in peace before the boys wake up, take a shower, play pirates with the boys, do a little pre-school work with the boys, cook breakfast, go do the weekly errands (grocery store, etc...) balance the checkbook, give the boys lunch, cook dinner, clean the house daily, keep up with the laundry (because we all know that just ONE day off from laundry leaves you hell to pay), and maybe just maybe sit down on the couch for an episode or two of food network....

Ha!! Who was I kidding... Would one really think that just adding another helpless little one to the mix would cause so much change???

My routine now consists of:
getting up between 3-4am to pump because if I don't my boobs are more than likely to explode, waking up for good around 6 with Olivia, drinking not one but perhaps 4 cups of coffee way too fast before I hear footsteps creeping down the stairs at around 7:30.... feeding Olivia around 9:00, getting boys fed frozen waffles or sugary poptarts because the last thing on my mind is getting a pan dirty just to make pancakes, getting their teeth brushed and pajamas off hopefully before noon, Olivia fed again around 1:00, boys fed lunch (if you call a lunchable lunch), getting the boys down for a nap usually by 2:00, Olivia out of her pajamas and into a stylish outfit, laundry folded somewhere in between that, getting the house straightened during the boys' naps, OH and how could I forget.... brushing my teeth around 4:00 PM every day... feeding Olivia again around 5:00..
and when Aaron gets home around 5:30 every day, I am more than likely still in my pajamas with my hair still looking the way it did when I got out of bed that morning... and he knows better than to even ask why...
A shower... what is that?? I don't get one of those until around 10:00 PM once the kids are in bed for the night and Olivia has a full tummy...so yes, I probably smell like baby, milk, sweat, and spit-up and if you don't like it... well... don't come over for a visit!!
I don't get to watch food network anymore... It is fully Mickey Mouse, Jake and the Never Land Pirates, and Little Einsteins... along with every Disney movie known to man...because my husband and I are suckers when it comes to buying our kids movies....and to be honest... it has been a really good babysitter these past three weeks while I "try" to get things done around the house...It sounds bad I KNOW.....
Dinner... I haven't cooked dinner in I can't tell you how long... Poor Aaron has been eating cereal, ramen noodles, take-out, pizza, and frozen chicken nuggets since my mom left a week and a half ago... I think about cooking and sometimes I even go to the pantry to start dinner BUT before I can get out a pan the boys are either fighting because someone isn't sharing,Olivia has just pooped up her back and needs a complete bath, she needs to be fed, or I have to go inspect the bathroom because Landon has jsut pooped and needs me to wipe his little butt.... =)
And grocery shopping or any shopping for that matter takes place on a weekend when Aaron is home because I will NOT dare take three kids into a grocery store...and I have to dash around the store like I'm on Supermarket Sweep because I have limited time before my boobs begin to remind me that they will indeed rupture if I don't feed my daughter on "their" schedule...
So to all of you mommies out there with two kids, especially two toddlers, don't let anyone tell you that going from one to two kids is harder than going from two to three kids... they LIED to you!!!
My daily job of being a stay at home mom is alot harder than people think it would be, alot more stressful, and a heck of alot more demanding....but us stay at home mommies somehow put our mommy panties on and get it done because what other choice do we have??......all while going on about 4 hours of sleep a night....and a pot or two of coffee a day!!!


Don't let the picture fool you... I no longer drink DECAFF coffee... Three little ones will do that to you!!

2 comments:

  1. I was going to say, "its because your drinking DECAF!" but I know it is so much more than that. You are super mom and make mommyhood look fantastic. Your gorgeous; I'm sure even with no make up, hair up, pj's, and smelling like puke ;) haha. Soak it up momma, it won't last long...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I remember those days. Except I threw Nursing school into the mix and a job! I will say its easier for me wtih three but my two older ones are 9 and 7. So they are self sufficient for the most part, leaving me more time to spend with Bryce and attending to his needs. Hang in there sweetie. It will get better, I promise. I enjoy your blogs. They make me stop and look at the smaller picture in life, its easy to get so busy...and forget about the small stuff:) Your a great mom from the sounds of it...and blessed with three beautiful babies. Enjoy it before you know it they are my girls age and slowly gaining independence and not needing you as much which can be heartbreaking and relieving in the same sense. :)

    ReplyDelete