Saturday, August 20, 2011

2 week check-up...

Well Little Miss Olivia had her two week check-up yesterday and for the most part she checked out "perfect." There was one concern though. Because she was breach for so long in my belly the doctor noticed that her little legs were resting "up high" towards her belly. Apparently this is really common in breach babies....and since she was breach until 35 weeks (2 weeks before she was born) they want to do an ultrasound to make sure she doesn't have hip dysplasia. In normal people terms what this means is that one of her hips (the right one) may be dislocated or out of socket.
I don't think it is but the doctor wants to play it "safe" so we are going to have an ultrasound done on Tuesday just to make sure everything is normal.
Prayers are greatly appreciated since I just about had a nervous meltdown in the doctor's office yesterday when I heard the news. I think that as a parent, it is your worst fear that something may cause harm to your child, especially your little newborn.
Other than that, my little girl seems to be long and skinny.... How nice is that!?!?!?
Her birth weight was 5 lb. 15 oz. When we left the hospital she was 5 lb. 7 oz. At her check-up yesterday she was 6 lb. 0.5 oz. so she is just a growing... Her premie diapers are getting a little snug so it looks like we will be moving up to the newborn diapers once we run out of this pack. Needless to say, she is still a little runt coming in at the 1 percentile for weight.
Her height at birth was 20 inches and yesterday she measured at 21.5 inches tall. Maybe she will be tall like her daddy because at 5 foot 3 inches, I don't think she will get it from me.....She is in the 43rd percentile for height... and in the 24th percentile for head circumference.... Maybe she will luck out and not get my big head too.. hehe!!! the boys weren't so lucky... They took after their mommy in that department...
I will keep you all updated on our visit next week but please say an extra little prayer for my sweet Olivia (and me too!!)
Here are a few pics from her appointment!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment