Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Cry baby......

So the hormones are here..... I thought I would get lucky this time with not crying every 5 minutes and for the first two weeks I did great.... partly because family was here, I had lots of help, and simply being around family makes me happy. Now that everyone is gone, Aaron is back to work, and I am home alone with my three little ones, reality has set in and quite frankly I'm sad. I miss my mom, I miss my husband, & Olivia makes me miss Evan and Landon being small.

I'm not sad because I have three kids... I'm sad because I know how quick it is going to fly by. I was looking at pictures yesterday of when Evan and Landon were babies and it seems like it was yesterday and yet Evan is 4 1/2 and Landon is 2 1/2. I just don't know where the time has gone. Call me crazy but I LOVED the baby stage. I didn't mind getting up in the middle of the night, changing poopy diapers all the time, getting pee-peed on, or rocking them for endless hours in their rocking chairs.

Little Olivia is already two weeks old. Technically I should still be pregnant and a part of me wishes I was just for the simple fact that it would make time slow down a little if she was still in my belly....

A co-worker of Aaron just sent his daughter to college yesterday and when he looked at a picture of Olivia he told Aaron to soak it in and enjoy every second because in the blink of an eye we will be sending our kids to college.... I just can't fathom that.... Sending my kids to college... WHAT????

I know there is nothing I can do to slow the time down so I am trying to just soak it all in. I just don't think you can hold your baby too much, give them too many kisses, or simly stare at them in awe too much.

So if any of you see me with glossy eyes it isn't because I'm a crazy post pregnant lady, it is simply because I love my little ones to pieces and I am trying to enjoy every second I have with them being little.. After all, Olivia is our last one so I have every right to be a little sad right??


I want my little ones to stay like this forever....so God, please oh please slow the time down a little so I can soak this all in...



No comments:

Post a Comment